The error below, happens usually on FreeBSD10:
Shared object “libstdc++.so.6” not found, required by “arcconf”
The problem with this, is that the binaries are compiled by Adaptec. The solution is pretty easy tho:
cd /usr/ports/misc/compat9x && make install distclean
Done, your arcconf utility is now working.
If you are getting the error below while trying to upgrade ports:
cups-client-1.7.2 conflicts with cups-image-1.5.4_1 (installs files into the same place)
This happens because of the cups-image dependencies have been changed. The fix is pretty easy:
pkg delete -f cups-image\*
Now you can upgrade the cups-client and ghostscript ports without issues.
So yesterday i got a new server with an Adaptec 6405e card inside.
When trying to load FreeBSD 9.1, the install script would not see the raid10 array that i created.
I went about this by booting from the install disk, via ipmi, and then on the install screen, went to the shell prompt. I enabled the network card and gateway, and i downloaded the drivers for the 6405 card from the Adaptec website. Then i uploaded the drivers to one of my servers, and used ftp to download them into /tmp, and load the FreeBSD9 driver via kldload :
Now, the raid array is fully recognized, and i installed the FreeBSD 9.1 business as usual.
Upon booting up, i forgot that i loaded the drivers only on the live cd, but not on the actual OS itself, so i got freebsd mounting from failed with error 19. This means that the system doesn’t have the drivers for the raid array, and doesn’t recognize the filesystem.
I am just booting now from the live cd once more, i will be reloading the drivers, mount the installed OS, and download and unpack the drivers there. Afterwards i will be rebooting, and at the boot prompt i will manually load the drivers, boot the system, and add the drivers to the OS, and be good to go. At least that’s the plan. Will update later with progress.
If for some unknown reason phpMyAdmin stops working on DirectAdmin, there’s an easy way to get it fixed:
Your phpmyadmin should be working now
I just checked my nagios logs, and i found that my email notifications were not working.
 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin;sql01;/dev/sdb1 Free Space;OK;notify-service-by-email;DISK OK – free space: /var/lib/mysql 478954 MB (89% inode=99%):
 Warning: Attempting to execute the command “/usr/bin/printf “%b” “***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification Type: RECOVERY\n\nService: /dev/sdb1 Free Space\nHost:myhost\nAddress: 64.x.x.x\nState: OK\n\nDate/Time: Thu Aug 13 10:16:26 CDT 2009\n\nAdditional Info:\n\nDISK OK – free space: /var/lib/mysql 478954 MB (89% inode=99%):” | /bin/mail -s “** RECOVERY Service Alert: myhost//dev/sdb1 Free Space is OK **” [email protected]” resulted in a return code of 127. Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually exists…
Easy fix for this one also:
yum -y install mailx